Advantages of Slider Belt Conveyors
Slider belt conveyor systems offer several advantages when they are used in production lines. They are able to transport many different materials, including plastic, parts, metals, paper, and boxes. They can also be used to transport awkward or heavy packages in and out of container trucks with minimal effort when a telescoping feature is added to them. They are better to use when transporting items such as loose parts that are difficult for roller bed conveyors to handle.
- One of the cheapest ways to move material long distances
- Virtually no degradation of your product caused by conveying
- Conveyor can have changes in elevation
- Material can be visible on the belt while being conveyed
- Belts can be loaded virtually any place along the belt
- The belt can have “trippers” to unload the belt almost any place
- Belt conveyors can have metal separators designed in
- Weigh belt sections can be added for continuous product weighing
- Belt conveyors can pivot at one end allowing the discharge to be moved over an arc (radial stacking)
- Incline belts can have cleats added to the belt to stop product roll back
- Belts can have sidewalls added to stop product spillage
Common Uses of Slider Belt Conveyors
Slider belt conveyor systems are very versatile. They are used in numerous types of material handling actions including sorting, inspection, packing, and assembly line operations.
Industries that commonly use belt driven conveyors:
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Order Fulfillment
- Government Military & Agency
- Parcel Handling
Why Choose Allstate Conveyor?
At Allstate Conveyor, we are experts in conveyor systems and understand how to design systems that meet your needs. We can help you to determine what type of system would work the best for your business and then design, manufacture and install it for you. We are also able to repair slider belt conveyors that you already have installed in your facility. To learn more, fill out our contact form or call us today.