Gravity roller skate-wheel conveyor systems do not need as much pitch to transport your products in a decline. You can easily move empty boxes and light loads on your skate-wheel conveyor. It doesn’t need as much force to initiate movement of several wheels than in a regular gravity roller. Products that are being moved keep their orientation. Even when your products go around curves, they will maintain their orientations.
Skate-wheel conveyor wheels do not need as much energy to turn, which helps to keep up speed when moving a conveyed product. Since the wheels turn independently of each other, the skate-wheel conveyor is a great choice for your conveyor line’s curves.
Below are a few of the many benefits of Gravity Roller and Skate Wheel Conveyors:
- The most economical type of conveyor
- the load can be wider than your conveyor if centered correctly
- Require less pitch to convey the product
- Lightweight loads and empty cartons move easily on the skatewheel conveyor
- As the load negotiates curves the skatewheels provide this differential action
- Less energy is needed to turn the wheels and that makes skatewheel good at maintaining speed
- Easy to install, and only require basic maintenance
- They can be used in a variety of environments and fit into even awkwardly shaped rooms
- Gravity conveyors are easy to fit into a powered conveyor system
- Can be modified with curved roller units, spurs and personnel gates
Common Uses of Gravity Roller Skate-wheel Conveyors
Gravity roller skate-wheel conveyors can be used for many applications. They are commonly found in warehouses, in back rooms, and on docks. If you regularly convey light products, a gravity roller skate-wheel conveyor may be a good choice for your business.
- used for loading trucks with the conveyor set up on removable stands or supports
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Order Fulfillment
- Government Military & Agency
- Parcel Handling
- Cabinetry & Furniture
- Food & Beverage
Why Choose Allstate Conveyor?
Allstate Conveyor specializes in the design, manufacture, and installation of many different types of conveyors. We can meet with you and determine which type of conveyor will be most suitable for your needs. To learn more, fill out our contact form or call us today.